Sunday, January 23, 2011

What it tastes good and you still want to eat it?


It started in September.  This disastrous downhill slope that I was sliding down so furiously fast that I didn’t even know until I hid a rock somewhere about 2/3 of the way to bottom.  I stopped rolling, shook my head and stood up.  Looking around and then slowly, almost as if afraid, began to give my self the once over, to assess the damage the fall had done.

I looked down, saw no broken bones or blood but what I did see was a broken soul, broken self-esteem and an extra lot of pounds.  I don’t mean obese pounds but a tire out of place around my waist and a few extra ones hiding here or there.  I saw skin that used to shine, but was now dull and tired.  And so dry, drier than ever before.  I saw hair that was full of static, hair that used to be so soft and lovely, was relegated to being tied back or in a hat, the owner furious at it’s lack of ability to look nice.

What was one to do? Well lucky for me, Christmas was right around the corner and lo’ and behold, I received a cookbook.  Not just any cookbook, a healthy cookbook that made sense.  What? Seriously, they exist, I know!! 

The book, The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook – Tosca Reno is marvelous.  It isn’t really a diet, the book title is misleading, it is about a lifestyle change. It is not about cutting food or counting calories, in fact, you eat 6 times a day, every 2.5 – 3 hrs, BUT in small portions.

It changed my life; I then of course went out and bought her book on the actual ‘science’ behind the cookbook and read it ferociously.  In this blog, I will talk about what I learn in this process while reading this book and following the principles.  I will talk about the change I experience, the changes I have been experiencing since following this new lifestyle change this month.

I also intend to cook a new recipe once a week and taste and test it out.  Hopefully I will have others test them out with me.

Cooking for me is a break from life, I love it, it has become a release for me and I hope I can share some of this love with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment